Thursday, June 22, 2006

OMG - I love frost

So I respeced my mage to 31/20 (frost/arcane). Well, thats what she will be in 7 levels. Just missing the remaining ranks in clear-casting, magic absorbtion & improved CS/AE.

Mage Talents
Minimum Required Level: 60
Required Talent Points: 51

Arcane Talents - 20 point(s)
  • Arcane Subtlety - rank 2/2
  • Improved Arcane Missiles - rank 3/5
  • Magic Absorption - rank 5/5
  • Arcane Concentration - rank 5/5
  • Improved Arcane Explosion - rank 3/3
  • Improved Counterspell - rank 2/2
Frost Talents - 31 point(s)
  • Frost Warding - rank 2/2
  • Elemental Precision - rank 3/3
  • Ice Shards - rank 5/5
  • Frostbite - rank 3/3
  • Improved Frost Nova - rank 2/2
  • Piercing Ice - rank 3/3
  • Improved Blizzard - rank 2/3
  • Arctic Reach - rank 2/2
  • Shatter - rank 5/5
  • Ice Block - rank 1/1
  • Winter's Chill - rank 2/5
  • Ice Barrier - rank 1/1
Must say I'm a fan of the new mage changes. It looks like I'm a much more viable soloer & I've noticed a significant increase in overall DPS.

Ice barrier is such a nice spell, I don't know what I did without it before. Previously, I was PoM/Frost. Put Ice barrier, PW:S & mana shield together and thats a significant amount of damage absorbtion. Together with the new frost ward functionality, pity the mob frost casters!

Winters chill is also turning out to be extremely nice. Admittedly I only have 2 ranks, so it doesn't proc as often for me, but when I was running around with another frost mage (level 60) who did have all 5 ranks, it was very much becoming a crit-fest.

We were also a becomming fans of the magic absorbtion proc. Basically, you have a chance to regain some mana when you resist offensive spells cast upon you. Mo (the other mage) was regaining upwards of 360+ mana per proc.

Also different in this build is the number of +hit, -mob resist talents I have. Anecdotally, I'm already experiencing a much lower resist rate to my spells.

The only real complaint I have now is that my mana pool doesn't seem to last as long as it used to. Yay for 8 minute evo, I suppose =)

Hugs
~Mel~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home