Monday, June 19, 2006

From Warlock to Mage

Over the weekend I spent a bit of time levelling my mage. Shes almost 53 now, I had forgotten just how long the 50-60 levelling process can be.

Thankfully I'm still levelling with my RL friend (she's playing a priest), so its not nearly so painful as grinding those levels was previously with my hunter and warlock.

I love my mage, she's got some really nice abilities. I especially love being able to create my own water! Oh, and teleport. Once hearthed in Gadget, the world is yours as you have your foot in 4 major cities and can get to almost anywhere in a single FP. That and you never have to wait for a boat again.

The difference in skillset for a mage to a warlock is dependent on what type of warlock you play, I suppose. My warlock is currently NF/Conflag, which is very similar to a fire-mage. Lots of instants. Lots & lots. If I'm criting and NF is procing, I can push 500-600dps. Only +300 or so dmg too.

My mage is currently PoM/Frost. Just picked up IB. Have finally learned the AoE grind tactic, after much trial & error. Melee + AE to pick up aggro, bunch em up, nova, run (blink), blizzard, CoC as they get into melee range, AE a bit, repeat. Depending on the number of mobs, and how many adds you get, you should find they all die around the same time, except for the one guy (there is always one guy) who either resisted you or didnt get crit on, for which a handy fire-blast will sort out.

Hugs
~Mel~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home