Friday, June 16, 2006

Introduction

Hi

My WoW alter-ego is Mel, named after my first real main character, Melancholy, an alliance warlock.

I've been playing WoW pretty much fulltime since just after the release, although I did bother to download the beta and play for a couple of days.

As I sure many of you do, I have numerous alternate characters, or alts. Most of them are confined to a single server, 7/8 of them being alliance.

Over the coming weeks I'll introduce them, but for my introductory post I'll talk about my main, Melancholy.

I've been off and on with my warlock. Initially it took me a while to find a character I empathised with. I actually started out with an undead warlock, but I found her very hard to play in those days. I still have her on my character roster, a miniscule level 14.

So after trying many different classes I settled back on the warlock class, this time as a Human. After a couple of months I left her at level 45 or so and switched mains to a Hunter, this time a Night-elf. I levelled the hunter to level 60, endured many guild splits/mergers before finally landing in my current guild who I have been with for about a year now.

Now as I'm sure you can imagine, a new level 60 hunter isn't all that useful, nor required as it seems that almost every Alliance player has a hunter alt or even main. The guild found out I had a warlock, so I was encouraged to level her up. By this time I had dragged a RL friend into WoW and we were both part of this guild, so the rest of the levelling process from 45-60 didn't take very long at all, given she was a level 60 rogue, having levelled up with my hunter.

Enter the raiding mindset. I've now taken my warlock through every end-game (now) 5-man instance and into ZG, MC & BWL. I personally hate ZG with a passion and have only done enough to gain a friendly rep with the Zandalar faction. We're currently taking Vael down 66% of our attempts, but have yet to attempt Broodlord.

I enjoy the raiding experience, especially the new content in BWL. I used to think as I was levelling up that BWL would be out of reach, but my guild has turned out to be a god-send. For the most part they're extremely helpful and compassionate, with a committed GM & Officers.

Bleh, that's probably enough for now. As it is, props to anyone still reading =)

Hugs
~Mel~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home